Cavatelli with Tomato & Basil and Whipped Cottage Cheese
- 15 min
- 25 min
- 16 ounces 4% Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound homemade or dried Cavatelli pasta
- Add the cottage cheese to the bowl of a food processor. Process for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook until golden and fragrant, about 30 second to 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil and salt to the pan. Lower the flame to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the cottage cheese and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop the cavatelli into the water and cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the sauce. Toss the pasta in the sauce over a low flame for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the grated Parmigiano cheese allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese. Serve with an extra sprinkle of grated Parmigiano cheese.