Sweet Potato Fajita Cottage Cheese Bowls
- 10 min
- 30 min
- 3 cups Friendship Dairies™ cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tsp. fajita seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. salsa
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the sweet potato to the pan and give it a stir to coat with oil. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Stir in the onion, red and green bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, and fajita seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 3/4 cup of cottage cheese to a bowl and top with a heaping 1/2 cup of the sweet potato mixutre. Drizzle the salsa over the top and add a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Serve immediately or cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.