Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 hour
- 6 hours
- ½ cup Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 12 slices challah bread
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 lb. cooked Italian sausage (or your favorite breakfast meat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, garnish
- Cook the Italian sausage, drain, set aside.
- Grease a 13" baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Layer 6 slices of challah bread on the bottom of the dish and top with ½ cup of asiago cheese and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat this step with the remaining bread and remaining cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until well mixed. Add the cottage cheese and whole milk and continue to mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the challah bread and cheese evenly throughout the pan.
- Cover and let the casserole sit in the refrigerator at least 4-6 hours (preferably overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the casserole, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Top with parsley and enjoy!