Cottage Cheese Biscuits & Turkey Sausage Gravy
- 15 min
- 45 min
Cottage Cheese BiscuitsYield: 16 biscuits – 8 servings
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, cold & cubed
- 16 oz Lowfat Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
Turkey Sausage GravyYield: 8 servings
- ½ # Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Cups Skim Milk
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt
Cottage Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, salt, black pepper and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add cubes of butter and cut them in using a pastry cutter or a fork until the butter resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add cottage cheese and mix until just combined.
- Using a large spoon, drop biscuit dough on to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden brown and the center is set, about 15 minutes.
Turkey Sausage Gravy
- In a large nonstick sauté pan brown the turkey sausage.
- While the sausage is cooking whisk together the milk and flour and set aside.
- Once sausage is fully browned, over medium heat, slowly begin to add the milk/flour mixture to the pan while whisking vigorously to prevent lumps. Bring sauce to a gentle simmer.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes. While simmering add garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Spoon sauce over warm cottage cheese biscuits and enjoy!