Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- 25 mins
- 1 hour 40 mins
- ½ cup 4% Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese, whipped
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup 4% Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a second larger bowl, mix whipped cottage cheese, pureed pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs; then add sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Set bread batter aside.
- FILLING: in a bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour half the bread batter into the loaf pan, add the filling mixture, then add remaining bread batter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.