Recipe developed by Friendship Dairies
- 40 min
- 80 min
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies™ cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 8 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 green onions, rinsed and sliced
- 12 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the cottage cheese, the Parmesan, eggs, spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the finely chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Microwave the butternut squash on high for 5 minutes.
- In the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish spread 1 cup of marinara sauce. Layer the lasagna noodles on top, then add 1 cup of marinara. Add the cottage cheese/spinach mixture, the butternut squash, the green onions, and the mozzarella. Add another layer of pasta, top with sauce and repeat. Top with lasagna, remaining sauce, mozzarella and additional Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes covered, and 10 minutes uncovered. Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before serving.